for Starbucks fans!
Reload your Starbucks Card with a Standard Chartered Credit Card to enjoy $2 off with a min $10 Starbucks Card purchase or reload.
Prior making payment, tell the Starbucks cashier that you will be using a Standard Chartered Credit Card for payment.
Btw, do read the T&C
Valid till 31 May 2018.
Limited to the first 20,000 redemptions or while stocks last.
Payment must be made with a Standard Chartered Credit Card.
Limited to 1 redemption per transaction.
Refer to SCB’s Live The Good Life page
Sometimes people often asking what is the best saving account in Singapore?
From time to time, banks in Singapore do offer high interest rate to extract customers. But most of them comes with conditions, like minimum spend on credit card, credit your salary, transact minimum number of bill payment, etc
The Good News is ..
Actually, CIMB FastSaver allow earn 1.0% p.a. interest on the entire account balance with no fall below fees either.
With CIMB FastSaver account, you do not need to fulfill multiple conditions such as credit card spend, salary crediting or any online banking transactions to earn 1.0% p/a interest from your first dollar.
Some other plus points are
1) No Fall-below fee
2) No Monthly Account Fee
3) Can use FAST to transfer fund from/to your account with another bank in Singapore.
1) The limitation is % p.a. is for first S$50,000 only. Amount above S$50,000 will earn 0.60% p.a.
2) Deposit or withdraw funds the branch counter occurred S$5 per counter transaction.
1) You can overcome this limitation via immediate funds transfer to and from other banks in Singapore via FAST.
2) Deposit maximum of S$50,000 into CIMB FastSaver. Got more $$$$? Look somewhere else.
Lastly, some T&C
1) Minimum Initial Deposit is S$1,000
2) Minimum amount to earn interest isS$1,000
3) Minimum Age to open account is 16 years old
4) Only available for “Individual” and “Joint-Or” applications
Looking for oBike promo code for free ride?
Use this code NSCBIKE2 to get 5 free oBike rides.
Promo code valid till 13 May 2018.
Each free ride can be used up to 30 minutes
Earn an additional welcome bonus of 20,000 STAR$® (worth S$20 CapitaVoucher) only through this Referral Programme when you spend a minimum of S$50 in the first 3 months upon Card approval.
Starting 1st October 2017, earn 60,000 STAR$® (worth S$60 CapitaVoucher) when you spend S$888 within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
Yes, click this link to apply for Amex CapitaCard to get this special offer.
More on the mall reward program, read this post!
Recently, I received a confirmation SMS from Citibank on the Credit Card Spend and Get Promotion.
My qualification period is begin from 01 Sept 2017 to 28 Feb 2018
Basic Terms and Conditions
1. Spend S$200 and above on retail transactions (including internet purchases) every month and receive S$20 cash back per calendar month.
These transaction excludes:
(i) any Equal Payment Plan (EPP) purchases
(ii) refunded/ disputed/ unauthorized/ fraudulent retail purchases,
(iii) Quick Cash/Ready Credit PayLite and other installment loans,
(iv) Paywise/ cash advance/quasi-cash transactions/ balance transfers/ annual card membership fees/interest/goods and services taxes,
(v) bill payments made using the Eligible Card as a source of funds,
(vi) late payment fees and
(vii) any other form of service/ miscellaneous fees.
2. The $20 cash back will be credited by the end of the 2nd calendar month.
3. The cash back credited cannot be used for:
(i) cannot be used to offset against any minimum payment due
(ii) cannot be withdrawn from the Citi Credit Card account in cash.
4. A cardmember will receive S$20 cash back for 6 consecutive months up to S$120 cash back.
Citi Credit Card On-line Acquisition Promotion July 2017- June 2018 (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions
(1) Do not spend unnecessary because of a cash back promotion
(2) 10% cash back is a good deal but remember rule (1)
(3) If you plan to make big purchases, do spread out the spending across 6-month period.
Someone introduced me to StocksCafe (formerly known a SGXcafe).
StocksCafe is created and maintenance by Evan Koh, a Data Science.
Before SGXcafe, I was using a Google Spreadsheet to keep track of my SGX stock investments.
I have to update every single transaction manually into the Spreadsheet, like dividens, buy, sell, split, which very time consuming and error-prone.
Since I have started using StocksCafe, all I need to do is to add Buy or Sell transaction. StocksCafe will include dividend amount, dividend yield automatically into my portfolio.
Features in StocksCafe I like most are:
Portfolio Overview – At once glance, this page give me an overview of my portfolio current performance. Key fields is P&L, DIV%.
Portfolio Profile – Mostly, I am looking at P/E, ROE%
iAssist – One of the frequent screen I used is to check how diversifying of my investment
Stock Profile – I like how he presented the stock data on to the screen. Very organised and easy to navigate. For example: STI ETF
StocksCafe do have a few nice and useful tools, Screener and Retirement simulator.
StocksCafe not only support SGX, you can use it to manage stocks on HKEX and KLSE too.
Lastly, do support by become Friends of StocksCafe.
I come across FWD endowment plan ads placed on The Straits Times this Sunday morning (20/08/2017).
Usually, I don’t encourage to purchase investment-linked endowment plan, but this endowment plan from FWD is a low cost and basic endowment plan that anticipated future growth.
Features of this plan
1) Guaranteed returns of 2.02% per annum
2) Maximum of S$15,000 per person
3) Lock-down for 3 years
4) The capital is 100% guaranteed
After reading the information online, I decided to park $15,000 into this plan.
1) There is no better fixed deposit rate higher than 2.02% p.a. By end of 3 year, eg: 20/08/2020, I’ll get back $15,927.
2) The capital is 100% guaranteed and protected under SDIC’s Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme
3) Come with limited death benefit coverage
1) I was looking for bigger capital amount to start but FWD only accept maximum of S$15,000 per person.
2) The break even point is on the 29th month. So, only invest or lock down your fund if you do not have any financial commintment in the next 36 months, for example: wedding, housing, etc.
3) Will interest rate rise within the next 3 years?
This promotion is available until 21 August 2017